Dreamworks Animation Financial Analysis Summary
Behind the creative and the flash of Hollywood there is financial structure that drives studios. Most of their financial activity is very hidden and hard to find. However, among the studios that provide a bit of “transparency” is Dreamworks Animation
The objective of this analyis to shed some light on the following topics.
- Understand the financial aspects of the business,
- Assess the financial ratios of the firm,
- Review the company’s working capital management,
- Determine its cost of capital,
- Develop their own estimate of the company’s valuation,
- Review the company’s M&A history,
- Understand it’s multinational operations
- Review the company’s tax structure and associated benefits, and
- Develop recommendations to improve the firm’s financial performance and value.
Working Capital Management
Cost of Capital
Mergers and Acquisitions
Thank you to those who have followed our series since the beginning. We plan on publishing another similar financial analysis series for a different publicly traded company.
After our financial analysis on DWA, what other recommendations would you make to DreamWorks Animation? Explain your thoughts in the comments below.